Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 3 / My Parents.. Burt and Kathryn Frasure

Mom and Dad

It's really hard to come up with the right words to describe my feelings about my mom and dad.  They are the best parents anyone could ever ask for.  I love them both with all of my heart.  The taught us that if we were honest with ourselves and our beliefs that we could do anything we set out minds and hearts to do.  They gave so much of themselves to their children and families.  Families are utmost in their lives and that was instilled into us. They loved us unconditional.  The two of them made me who I am today.

It's not what you leave your children, but what you leave in your children.

Mom, You have always been the strength that lives within me and motivates me to move ahead in life.  You have been such a strong influence in everything that I do. You have taught be to love myself and who I am and others will love me for being me. You have given me the confidence to become the person that I am today.  Because of you, I have been able to take on the world with my head held high. The values that I have received from you, I have taken and instilled into my own children and I hope that they in turn will instill it into their children.  I wish that I had one more day to give you a hug, a kiss and let you know that I love you and miss you more than words can ever express.  I love you momma.

Dad, You are the glue that has always held our family firmly together.  The qualities that you live by are the qualities that I looked for and found in Terry.  You have always supported and understood me and stood by my side not only as your daughter but as a person and a friend.   You always listen without judging and then after listening you have given advice. Because of you I have never felt alone.  I hope that I have many more years with you.  I love you daddy.

Thank you for teaching me self confidence and the freedom to be who I am.. to do what I can and solve problems the best that I can.
Thank you for showing me how to appreciate life and to find happiness in whatever comes my way.
Thank you for holding me close and letting me go at the same time.
Thank you for always being there and for always being my friends!

There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children - one is roots, the other is wings.  Roots to know where home is and wings to fly away.  

I love you both more than you will ever know.  Thank you for being the best parents a girl can ever have!
Love you, Vic






No comments:

Post a Comment